Historic Virginia Key
Historic Virginia Key Beach is a City of Miami park located just off the Rickenbacker Causeway, the connector between Miami’s mainland and Key Biscayne. Just minutes away from hectic downtown Miami, Historic Virginia Key is a unique retreat away from the frantic pace of city life. There are shaded pavilions for picnics, a boardwalk, and coastal hammock trails.
Enjoy the only replenished, mile-long stretch of shoreline within the city of Miami. Ride on the historic antique carousel or take a mini-wetland excursion on the famous ‘Biscayne Virginia Rickenbacker Central’ a historical miniature train.
Delight in a stunning, unconstructed view of the Atlantic Ocean and Biscayne Bay. Picnic and mingle under one of the many shaded pavilions. Explore all that nature has to offer on the boardwalk and coastal hammock trails. Many nostalgic menu items are available at the concession stand.
The Parks and Recreation Department provides lifeguard supervision of their portion of the beach 7 days a week, 365 days a year and provide maintenance for the bathrooms and parking spaces for the beach area.
Parking & Admission Fees to Virginia Key Beach: (No Re-Entry)
· Automobiles - (April1- Sept. 30) $8 Weekends and Holidays & $6 Weekdays
· Automobiles - (Oct. 1- March 31) $6 daily
· Buses & Motor Homes - (Year round) $25 daily
· Mountain Bike Trail - (Year Round)
· Automobiles w/Bicycles $6 Daily (Additional bikes $1)
· Bicycles: $1 daily (when you are biking into the facility, not driving a car)
For more information about Historic Virginia Key visit http://virginiakeybeachpark.net/